When you are thinking about applying for a new job, you should pick a career that you have passion for. If you don’t have passion for the job, this will show during the interview.
When speaking to the hiring manager, be sure to mention your passion for the job and its responsibilities. Speak with the manager about your goals and interest. This will allow the manager to see a personal side of you.
Show them how eager you are
Although you don’t want to come off too strong, you must let the employer know how eager you are to get started. They love to hear how anxious you are to learn about the company. Make sure to ask questions about the company culture and values. This will let the manager know you are interested in working for their company, and not just looking for any job.
If this is the place you see yourself working for many years from now, you need to be up-front with the employer, and share these feelings and thoughts. Tell them you are very interested in building your career with this company.
Let your energy out
Even if you may not be the type to talk much, you need to break out of your shell. This is your one chance in front of this employer to show them how eager you are. Your passion needs to shine through. Here are some ways the manager will know that you are truly passionate about the position.
- You are knowledgeable about the company and its culture
- You respond to questions with confidence
- You ask educated questions to learn more about the job responsibilities
- You provide insight into your career goals and how the company can help you reach them
- You are proactive and reach out to the hiring manager to confirm the interview and thank them afterwards
In addition, here are some questions and statements you should consider asking the employer to show you are interested:
- “Your company must be hard-working to receive those rewards. Please tell me about some of the values your company prides itself on.”
- “I noticed on your website that you were one of the top companies to work for in your area. What are some of the things employees currently love about working here?”
- “I saw your company donated to a fund raiser. This makes me want to be part of this company even more, knowing you reach out to the community. Giving back to the community is extremely important to me”
If you want to stand out among others during the interview process, these tips need to be considered. The worse thing someone can do is to apply to a job they don’t care for. Choose what you are passionate about and you will notice finding a job will be more successful. Contact the experts at Concorde Personnel today. We have the network and resources to help you find a job you are truly passionate about.