One of the best things you can do for your career is continuing to learn. Develop and strengthen your skills and expand your knowledge. While job or industry-specific knowledge is helpful, even broadening your general business knowledge is beneficial to your career. A great way to continue your education is to listen to podcasts. Maybe you can listen while driving in the car, or even while you take your lunch break. Fitting these helpful and educational podcasts into your day certainly add up and will make a difference!
5 Podcasts to Develop Your Career
There are several podcasts out there, spanning a number of topics. It can be a little overwhelming to sift through, so here’s a list of five that are worth a listen.
- Career Tools – This podcast is produced by the Manager Tools organization. It covers a variety of topics including business travel, tracking results, calendar management, and keeping effective business relationships.
- HBR IdeaCast – Created and inspired by one of the most prestigious business publications, Harvard Business Review, this podcast is filled with great topics. While the publication has an expensive subscription, the podcast does not, making these high-level educational topics accessible to many!
- NPR’s Planet Money – If you ever thought economics and business were boring, you’ll change your mind after listening to this entertaining and educational podcast. The use of interviews and storytelling make basic economics and business topics interesting; so interesting that you’ll want to keep listening to one right after the next!
- TED Radio Hour – Are you a fan of TED Talks? This podcast is just as fascinating as the original series and includes a wide variety of topics. You’ll always have something fun to talk about with coworkers or at networking events.
- The Leadership Dojo – This podcast is geared towards building leadership skills and confidence, helping you boost your career and your personal life. All the tips and insight are from interviews with a wide range of pros: Olympic athletes, motivational CEOs, best-selling authors, and more.
Work with a Top Staffing Agency in Westchester
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, contact Concorde Personnel today and work with a leading staffing agency in Westchester.